The Buying Process … Made Easy!
My clients thank me for making the buying process seem so easy… after all this is going to be one of the most exciting times of your life, so you should enjoy the journey. Here is what you can expect when buying a home:
1. Choose a realtor to help you through this journey (A buyers realtor usually does not cost the buyer anything and they can find and show them properties and point out things about the property that the buyer may not be aware of)
2. Pre-Approval - When you first decide you want to purchase a home, it is wise to get a pre-approved mortgage. The mortgage pre-approval will tell you how much of a mortgage you qualify for, ensuring you are looking at homes in your price range.
3. Search for a Home - Your real estate professional can help you find suitable homes that meet your criteria and set up all the appointments for you!
4. Make an offer - Once you’ve found the home you are interested in, you make an offer. Your offer may also have conditions, such as a financing conditions and a satisfactory home inspection or the review of condominium board minutes. Consult with your real estate agent for best advice here.
5. Firm Sale - Once you have met all your financing conditions, and are satisfied, in consultation with your Real Estate Agent, you may choose to remove the conditions on your offer. Once all the conditions are removed, you have a firm sale pending possession. Instructions from the lender will be sent to your lawyer’s office at that time. Start planning your move…you just bought a home – congratulations!
6. Final signing with your lawyer - Your lawyer will call you in to sign documents, usually about one week prior to the completion date. The completion date is the day that the money is given to the sellers and the property is transferred to your name.
7. Possession - This is the day that you receive keys and can move into your new home. Possession usually happens around noon. CONGRATULATIONS!!